- Professor N. S. Siddharthan, Hon. Professor, Madras School of Economics, Chennai
- Professor Stanley Nollen, McDonough School of Business, Georgetown University, Washington DC
- Professor Y. S. Rajan, Dr. Vikram Sarabhai Distinguished Professor, ISRO
- Professor Bino Paul, Tata Institute of Social Sciences, Mumbai
- Professor K. Narayanan, Department of Economics, IIT Bombay
- Professor S. R. Hashim, former Chairman, Union Public Service Commission and former Member Secretary, Planning Commission
- Professor Filip De Beule, KU Leuven University, Belgium
- Professor Bishwanath Goldar, Institute of Economic Growth and JNU, Delhi
- Professor Ashok Jain, Former Director NISTAD
- Professor K. L. Krishna, former Director, Delhi School of Economics
- Kaushalesh Lal, Society for Development Studies, Delhi and MERIT, The Netherlands
- Professor B. L. Pandit, Delhi School of Economics
- Padma Prakash, eSocialSciences
- Professor Alakh N. Sharma, Director, Institute for Human Development, New Delhi
- Professor Malathy Duraisamy, IIT Madras.
Note: Professor P. V. Indiresan was the founder President and remained President till October 2008. During the General Body Meeting (October 17, 2008), Professor Indiresan expressed his desire to be relieved from the post of the President. Consequently the Governing Council elected Professor S R Hashim President. During the Governing Council Meeting of 15 November 2018, Professor Hashim expressed his desire to be relieved from the Post of the President and the Governing Council elected Professor Siddharthan President.